Monday, February 2, 2009

Way to go, Kurt.

Oh, the wind, the wind is blowing, through the graves the wind is blowing, freedom soon will come; then we'll come from the shadows. - Leonard Cohen's "The Partisan."

I never root for the winning team in the Super Bowl. Maybe it's some sort of aversion I have toward winning that comes from being a Jet fan. At least it's not like last year. Still I really thought that Arizona had a shot. I used to really love Kurt Warner. Being 11 years old and thinking that if I could just get a job at a grocery store then I too could become an NFL quarterback fueled many hours of Madden and alleyway football with all the other kids on the block. Whichever team JT was on always won.

So today to celebrate the greatest game on the gridiron, I ate too many chicken wings and listened to John Madden babble about things that everyone could obviously see. It made the extremely pedestrian first three quarters a bit more interesting though. Probably the best part of the game was The Boss at halftime. Now I'm not sure if he meant to slide crotch first into the camera or you just couldn't stop sliding in time but everyone in my suite was glad to have gotten a face full of a working class American hero. He was really hamming it up too. There was even a little planned skit thing with one of the referees and then Steve Van Zandt yelled that it was "Boss Time!" Cue fireworks, screaming fans and more pigskin.

The commercials weren't spectacular this year. I think advertisers really phoned it in. The best commercial involved a koala with a British accent getting punched in the face. Good work careerbuilder.com. Too bad I'll still never use your website.

Oh, this made me pretty happy to read about probably because bowel movements have been on the brain since my roommates have all been trying (only some succeeding) to light their farts on fire. Apparently putting subliminal messages in poetry in bathroom stalls stops people from using as much TP. Good to know. Thanks, Japan.

The Oracle starts back up this week. More long hours and the dreaded orange office.