Monday, January 26, 2009

I'm awful at this. I never blog.

So I didn't do a best of 08 list this year. (Last year? Whatever. I'm still writing 08 after all my dates)

As far as disappointments go. I didn't have many. Japanther let me down a bit. But Skuffed Up My Huffy is probably better than anything they'll ever release. Fuck. I don't even remember what else I listened to.

No Age was good. The Mae Shi was good. My friends Frat Dad put out some phenomenal demos. I was feeling The Black Lips, Parts and Labor, Jay Reatard and Times New Viking. Lots of loud, noisy boy music. Deerhunter put out three good releases.

The last album I bought was Q-Tip's The Renaissance. It mostly made me want A Tribe Called Quest.

Los Campesinos! put out two albums I really liked. I even really liked The Black Kids album because that didn't want to be anything more than just a pop record.

In 2007, I gave album of the year to Lifetime's self-titled comeback album.

This year, I'll give it to The Gaslight Anthem. Springsteen punks.

Yeah.

No comments: