Thursday, April 17, 2008

Weezer - Pork and Beans


Dear Rivers Cuomo,

How have you been man? What's it like being a guitar hero and/or a mediocre pop song machine these days? Wait, what? You're done with that? You can't be serious. You are? A return to crunchy guitar pop, you say?

Well, a got a hold of that song "Pork and Beans." I've got some good feelings about it. No self-involved solos or completely emotionless "Photograph"-esque songs. Best of all, you wouldn't think that this band put out that atrocity they called Make Believe. Classic Weezer choruses and subtle backing vocals really make this song. Maybe the obscure Timbaland reference in the title, too. Rivers you're a funny guy.

You've instilled some hope. Now don't let me down.

Love,
Pierce

Weezer - Pork and Beans
Tracklist:
01. Pork and Beans

...

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Just streamed the new Weezer single, and I must respectfully disagree with you. While it isn't as oppressively bad as "Beverly Hills," it's far from the Weezer I know and love. It's a slightly odd K-Rock song to me.

At least Rivers' new mustache can entertain me with its creepiness...