Monday, April 21, 2008

No Age - Nouns

This is the album that I have been waiting for all year and I had no idea. I love this band. I absolutely do. I love them like you love your little brother every time he does something that makes you proud.

No Age comes right out of the gate with "Miner" proclaiming over their fuzzy guitar that they need a miracle. You don't need a miracle, sirs. You are miracles.

Probably, the least accessible parts of their debut Weirdo Rippers were the spacey, feedback, minimalist tracks that made you long for a hook and made you really appreciate it when you got them. They made those better. No Age is rocking through the whole album. Good looks and killer hooks.

I'm completely dumbfounded by this album. I can't write about it. Just listen to it. Please. Do yourself a fucking favor.

The best I can do is make track recommendations. In which case, "Sleeper Hold" "Teen Creeps" and "Eraser" are ridiculous.


Tracklist:
01 Miner
02 Eraser
03 Teen Creeps
04 Things I Did When I Was Dead
05 Cappo
06 Keechie
07 Sleeper Hold
08 Errand Boy
09 Here Should Be My Home
10 Impossible Bouquet
11 Ripped Knees
12 Brain Burner

......

No comments: